High Chances of a Bitcoin ETF Approval in 2021 as BTC ...

Cost basis $340, sell for short term capital loss? or wait, soon turns into long term capital.

Hey guys! Looking for opinions! Rode to the top at $1100 or so, sold and waited for the price of $340 to buy again in bulk. This was based on a historical volatility trade where I was seeking a ~73% decline in prices. There was a pattern % corrections after each rally before... 97%, 85%......
This is the lot of BTC I am concerned about. (I have other smaller lots).
In May this will become a long term capital investment after it hits one year in age. This means that if I sold it for a loss after may, I wouldn't be able to deduct it against my other short term capital gains in other asset classes. Short term gain tax can only be offset by short term losses, and associated carry over losses, if I recall correctly. Long term capital gains can only be offset by long term capital losses, and long term associated carry over losses.
I'm actually not sure about the carry over losses part, if that also uses the distinction of long term/short term. But this entire dilemma is based around that.
Now, my forecast is based on information I know, that could increase the price, versus what will decrease the price.
For the next two weeks, people may be riding off of the CNN expose' on bitcoin, getting their coinbase accounts set up with their tax refunds etc.
The next two weeks also features the USMS auction, which means nothing in regards to the price.
There is always the ambiguous and looming SecondMarket ETF coming to the stock market, and the Winklevii's.
Aside from that, nothing really.
I make much greater returns outside of bitcoin, and my position size is now too large to play around in altcoins. (Although Paycoin looked really liquid, my gambling appetite isn't available for that anymore).
So, in theory I could hop out of bitcoin, and hop back in pretty quickly, ideally with capital gains. (It really bugs me that I can't sell liquid options on my bitcoin holdings, I would do this 90% of the time)
So should I sell now, later? Before may? Why/why not
I use bitcoin for various financing and acquiring other cryptocurrencies that have other useful features.
I don't mind if bitcoin goes down, although I would like to use the sell (as a loss) to offset some tax, potentially.
submitted by cqm to BitcoinMarkets [link] [comments]

ETF Dynamics

I, and as i think it's generally assumed, thought that the ETFs will drive price growth. However, I rethought this today.
COIN and secondmarket need btc, but haven't they been buying for the past year+? That means there won't be any sort of magical demand growth once it goes live - all the bitcoin buying has already occurred. Now the certificates are just transferred to the retail customers.
I could see some marginal demand as more people are interested in the product, meaning that the ETF operators need to acquire more to meet the customer pool.
Does this all sound correct? Unless demand via ETFs outstrips expected demand, forcing the ETFs to acquire drastically more coin, then where will all this demand come from?
Edit: I can see an immediate bounce just because fundamentals have changed; i.e. the gates to a new market have opened. I can also see how long-term price increases due to demand, the market is open and demand increases. I'm just suggesting that a bubble isn't going to launch with the ETFs because the existing coins will satisfy demand of the new market in the short to mid term.
submitted by jeanduluoz to BitcoinMarkets [link] [comments]

Bitcoin To $2,400?  Bitcoin ETF Canceled & Probably Delayed To 2020? Chainlink partners with Conflux. Bitwise Bitcoin ETF Application. Fidelity Offers Custody in UK SEC Delays Big Bitcoin ETF + Bancor Links EOS and Ethereum What Do YOU Need to MINE ONE BITCOIN In 2020?! - YouTube Bitcoin ETF, Growing EOS ecosystem and why it is the worst time to sell BTC or EOS.

Recent industry survey data indicates that many in the ecosystem are bearish on the prospects of a bitcoin ETF approval in 2020.The post A bitcoin ETF won't be approved in the U.S. this year, most ... The Trust famously beat the Winklevoss brothers’ bitcoin ETF to market and drew significant ... Bitcoin Opec favours 8MB blocksize increase – FT Alphaville Paul Tucker speech – Finance Watch ... A fund established to offer investors exposure to Bitcoin is holding around $65 million in the digital currency after two months in operation, its creator, SecondMarket Chief Executive Officer ... The Bitcoin ETF plans to do all of its buying and selling of Bitcoin via OTC markets. If this is not possible they will look to general cryptocurrency exchange markets for settlement, specifically GDAX, BitStamp, Gemini, iBit, BitFlyer, Kraken (p.41-42). As they plan to buy Bitcoin in chunks of $500,000 or more they do not want to singlehandedly alter the spot price of Bitcoin. This is why ... A Bitcoin ETF, or exchange traded fund, is widely seen as the holy grail for institutional investors’ acceptance of Bitcoin.Many think that it will drive the largest cryptocurrency by market cap to new heights. But the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has repeatedly blocked proposals for a Bitcoin ETF, and the prospects of the investment vehicle launching in the US have become ...

[index] [34344] [25448] [14081] [35334] [712] [23257] [48211] [48975] [1652] [26431]

Bitcoin To $2,400? Bitcoin ETF Canceled & Probably Delayed To 2020?

Bitcoin ETF, Growing EOS ecosystem and why it is the worst time to sell BTC or EOS. ... Increase of RAM, Drop in RAM price, EOSfinex, Games - Duration: 37:01. Colin Talks Crypto 3,807 views. 37:01 ... Buy stocks with no fees: http://share.robinhood.com/philipm72 What Would A Bitcoin ETF Do To its Price ? Well, I think it would increase 30%. Imagine bitcoin... 💥Crypto News: Bitcoin Price Crashed By Whale ETF Approval Odds Increase Bitfinex LEO Token ... #bitcoin #ethereum #cryptocurrency # blockchain #crypto #economics #investing #trading # ... On today’s episode of The Cryptoverse… It sounds to me like the SEC is pushing back it’s decision to approve or disapprove the big Bitcoin ETF proposal another 3 weeks. Links For My Courses ... The SEC decided to postpone a decision on the Bitcoin ETF for 45 days. The crypto community did not take this news well, with the market dipping almost 10% as a response. In this video I ask a ...